Monday, July 2, 2012

Treasure Basket: Reflective

This was a fun one. Juliet loved looking at her reflection and every now and then she'd catch me in the mirror too and she'd quickly look over to where I actually was and smile. SO heartwarming to see her growing and learning.

Here's what's inside:
:: Pocket mirror - this is a foldable mirror that also has a pop out brush attached to it. Really neat - just the right size for Juliet's hand and she really enjoyed the bristles of the brush. I found this in the cosmetic section at our local pharmacy.
:: A handheld mirror
:: A small square mirror - this came from our fabric bag.
:: A round mirror - this came from James' old baby playmat.

Click here to read my very first treasure basket post for details on the how and why behind treasure baskets. Click here to view my treasure basket slideshow on the Counting Coconuts Facebook page.

~Thank you for your comments!~

9 comments:

lifeinjoco said...

I love your baskets! How many months was your little one when you started these with her? My dd is turning 4 months soon and is really starting to show interest in the things around her! These baskets are awesome and I plan on making them and giving a new basket each week to dd's babysitter to explore with her!

Pretty Things by Laura H said...

How many times a week do you switch baskets? I love your basket ideas. Do you think this would be interesting enough for a 2 year old or should I make more of a sensory box?

Counting Coconuts said...

Lifeinjoco: I started these with Juliet when she was about six months old, but there's no set time as to when you can introduce them. If you feel your daughter is interested, go for it!

Laura: I only put out one basket per week. Juliet has other toys as well that she plays with. A treasure basket is, in my opinion, really just an intro to sensory tubs. :) I do think a treasure basket would be fine for a 2 year old, but you'd want to keep your child's interests in mind when you create it - meaning, add more variety or a theme that you know they enjoy. You certainly could create a full on sensory tub, too, just keep in mind choking hazards are still an issue with 2 year olds. HTH!

mpeachase said...

Love this one!! I almost want to have another baby so I can use all these ideas. ;)

Anonymous said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. Am really liking your blog!

Montessori Minded said...

I just recently discovered your blog. You are like the Martha Stewart of homeschooling blogs :) I love all your Montessori ideas. Thank you for sharing!

Counting Coconuts said...

Aw, thank you all very much for your kind words - they always make me smile! :)

Friday Moments said...

Enjoying your treasure basket themes. My son has the theme 'red'this week. And is very engaged when he gets his basket It is fun to walk around the house and find things for the next theme ...it is a fun challenge.

Esther

K said...

Thanks to your inspiration I have been making lots of treasure baskets for my 18 month old. He LOVES them. He has actually started placing the blanket on the floor, pointing to the ottomon where I store the treasure baskets, and indicating that he wants to "work." He is so great at sitting still, looking through everything, and really enjoying the playtime. It is so much less frantic than he usual play time. He is especially fond of his "open and close" treasure basket.

Thanks so much for your help! Love these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails